.



Friday, July 4, 2008

Venus and Serena Make Wimbledon History!


The phenomenon known as the Williams sisters not only made it to both the women's singles AND women's doubles finals this week, but will also go down in history as the first and only sisters to ever do so for the THIRD time. Watching these two slice through opponent after opponent this past couple weeks has been an awesome sight to behold! There is nothing and no one better than Venus and Serena Williams when they are on their A game! They are absolutely unbeatable when they pull it all together, and now that both they and their respective games have definitely matured, every one else in the field had better look out!

When they won the women's doubles semifinal this morning to make it to the final, it brought a tear to my eye. I love these girls, and have followed them since day one. I'm not only proud to see how they've developed as tennis players, but also as people. They are strong, intelligent, talented young women, and are still taking the world by storm! I love it! It's too bad we can't clone them! I'd love to see more role models and champions like Venus and Serena these days. They carry it all so well.
Saturday will see me screaming at my tv "go Serena!" "go Venus!!" every other minute. It will be so hard to choose who I want to win!! Too crazy! Go, ladies, GO! I'm always cheering for you both! Here's to knocking 'em dead at Wimbledon! :)




Add to del.icio.usDiggIt!RedditStumble ThisAdd to Google BookmarksAdd to Yahoo MyWebAdd to Technorati FavesSlashdot it

7 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

I like watching these two play as well. They are awesome when they're on their game. I'm really happy for both of them. It's amazing that sisters would both play at this level. They must have a good relationship.

Anonymous said...

The rumour around the UK is that they already know which sister is going to win, because they agree in advance .

Do you believe that ?

The Fitness Diva said...

No, I don't. I think people just like to have some type of controversy going, so they keep that rumor alive. Venus already addressed it at the press conference after her last win.
As competitive as they both are, I think that they will each try their best to win. There is no "family decision". Stop it, already.

Shelia said...

Girl I've already got my coffee made and I'm tuning up my screaming, because I'm with you supporting the sistas 100%. After all of the ying yang that so many people talk, I'm glad to be around to see that family make such history - it's a pleasure.

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Fitness Diva,

This is really a sensational event. I too have followed their careers and their sacrifices since they started - together with all the animosity they received. They have grown to be very sensible, responsible and mature people and I can't help but root for them for their determination and skill.

I will be watching their game on replay because of things I have to do. But I know it will still be a lot of fun.

Yeah! Cheers for the Williams sisters!!! :-) --Durano, done!

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Fitness Diva,

It was a great game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Venus won, Yehheeeeeey!

These sisters are something else. They are right up there with Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. :-) --Durano, done!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love those ladies like I know them. That was the best match i've seen between the two of them. Everyone is so busy talking about the Nadal - Federer match (which was amazing) that people forget that they won the single and doubles championships. I look forward to more great tennis from the Williams sisters. I've been loving them since they were wearing beads.

 
Clicky Web Analytics