So, how about that hair and those nails? Who has more hair, blondes or brunettes? Chimps or humans? What finger grows the longest nail? You just might be surprised...
Here are some cool body facts about hair and nails.
Bet you didn't know...
1. Every day the average person loses 60-100 strands of hair. Your hair loss will vary in accordance with the season, pregnancy, illness, diet and age.
2. Women’s hair is about half the diameter of men’s hair. Hair diameter also varies on average between races.
3. The fastest growing nail is on the middle finger. And the nail on the middle finger of your dominant hand will grow the fastest of all. Nail growth is related to the length of the finger, with the longest fingers growing nails the fastest and shortest the slowest.
4. There are as many hairs per square inch on your body as a chimpanzee.
5. On average, blondes have more hair. Hair color determines how dense the hair on your head is. The average human has 100,000 hair follicles, each of which is capable of producing 20 individual hairs during a person’s lifetime. Blondes average 146,000 follicles while people with black hair tend to have about 110,000 follicles. Those with brown hair fit the average with 100,000 follicles and redheads have the least dense hair, with about 86,000 follicles.
6. Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
Okay, blondes get to have more fun AND more hair?? Come on!! ;)
Posted by The Radical at 8:14 PM
Advertise on This Site!
Fitness Diva Ad Sale!
Top over posts Banner 468x60
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with your request
My E Books!
Click to Buy