Mmmmmmm! Look at that!! Don't those donuts just look AMAZING and indescribably delicious?? Don't you just want to reach out and grab one?? You KNOW you do! ;)
But you know you shouldn't, right? Especially if you're trying to stick to a pre planned meal regimen and are making a true effort to cut down on the sugary and fatty treats that get you in trouble in the first place.
The thing is, even if you've already been really good, just having one of these can open up the floodgates on your sugar cravings, and then one will turn into two, and then there you'll be craving even more sweets tomorrow and the next day, and the next day. One NEVER ends up being just one, so don't even start!
Would you be able to walk right past that plate of donuts if you saw it sitting on a table at a friend's house, or at some social function you're attending? How about at your children's play dates? Would you have the discipline to just hand them out to the kids without indulging in some yourself?
Here are a few things you can do to tame that sugar beast!
* Drink water! We can't say that enough! Especially before going out somewhere.
* Go for the nuts - these will help thwart the food cravings
* Get your daily servings of fruit. That's some healthy sugar for your body - not that processed stuff!
* Eat before leaving the house. You'll be less susceptible to impulse eating if your stomach is already full.
* Picture that donut on your thighs or belly, and then think of a cool, form fitting outfit you have that you can't fit into yet. That donut + that outfit = NO WAY, JOSE! ;)
There are all kinds of ways to keep from reaching for those donuts (which here symbolize all fatty foods), but it's in those moments of weakness that you have to use some common sense and also a couple of strong preventative measures.
So, walk away from the donuts. I challenge you! ;)